Friday, November 7, 2008

Mother knows best when it comes to sensitive skin

A young woman came down to our HQ this morning. She said 'my mum usually comes but she's broken her wrist'. 'What would she like', I asked. 'Oh, it's not for her actually, it's for me. I need an Eye Make-up Remover. I've been using it for years. I've got really sensitive eyes and can't use anything else without them becoming sore and itchy.'

I love this. She is only 26 and is already a devoted Queen customer. Mark my words she will be complimented on her amazingly youthful skin in thirty years or so! She was introduced to the products by her mum like so many of our customers. We've had quite a few mother/daughter orders this week. One  such order came in on Wednesday. This particular daughter places an order once or twice a year for them both and they stock up on everything they are likely to need (and they also like to try any new products so Sensiderma Renew & Refine was obviously a must!).

It's interesting the different ways in which customers behave. One particular client orders a 50g jar of one of our moisturisers every two weeks. We have suggested that it would be cheaper to have a 100g jar every month but she prefers it her way. Others will place a bulk order every 6-9 months

One of the questions we ask on our online survey (see our homepage at www.queen-cosmetics.com to take part) is 'how long does a jar of cream or a bottle of cleanser last you?'. Almost 60% of respondees say a month or two but this doesn't seem to correlate to how most of our clients actually do order which is certainly less frequently. Do they go without for a few months/weeks or does time just fly so fast that they don't realise more than a month or two has gone by? I suspect it could be the latter.

Some more nice feedback this week. A new customer writes: 'I have been using your products since August and I am very pleased with the results. I have very sensitive skin but I have had no bad reactions to your products,  just nice smooth skin.'

She adds: 'I recently bought a trial size of the anti wrinkle cream, Sensiderma Renew & Refine, which I also like very much and would be interested in trying your organic cream too.'

Excuse all this self-congratulatory stuff but if we don't tell people how fabulous our customers think Queen products are, who will?!

Elsewhere, Sensiderma Rich Hand Cream, currently on special off at just £6.00 (buy some, buy some at www.queen-cosmetics.com) is the order of the week. Fair flying off the shelves it is. Having suffered some criticism of our 'tottles' (sort of tube/bottles and not the prettiest receptacles, we do realise), this week they have been getting some positive reviews. Phew! We always find it hard to find packaging we can buy in small minimum quantities so I will perhaps hold off a bit before researching some replacements.

Right, time to get the orders ready for the postman.

Have a good weekend.

The Team at QC

No comments: