Friday, February 20, 2009

Multi-functional skincare products to help you beat the recession

In these difficult times, I have been musing about multiple uses for some of our individual products.

What has prompted this musing is that today, as well as slathering my eyelashes with Queen Eyelash Cream (conditionning, protective, makes them glossy, etc etc and, of course, suitable for sensitive eyes), I have been using it on my lips which are really dry this winter (due, I'm sure, to non-stop in-car and central heating).

I usually use Queen Skin Cream but had my Eyelash Cream to immediate hand. Skin Cream is already super-multi-functional and should be a bathroom cupboard or dressing table staple. For £14.55, you can buy a 50g jar which will last you for ages, even if you do use it for all of the following on a daily or nightly basis:

Queen Skin Cream: The sensitive skin supercream

Soothes sore dry lips
Repairs cracked heals, dry feet, elbows
Soothes itchy skin
Soothes and gets rid of eczema patches
Banishes very dry skin on face and body
Works as an eye cream staving off wrinkles
Makes a great intensive moisturiser
Soothes minor burns
Soothes nappy rash and protects babies' bottoms
Soothes and repairs sore cracked nipples on nursing mums
Moisturises nail beds when massaged into finger nails
Protects against the elements - great when used before sailing, running, gardening

I could go on but that's enough for now. Eyelash Cream, for its part, is also great on eyebrows as it makes them look glossy and keeps them neat.

Enriched Moisturising Lotion is not only a great face and body moisturiser but also makes a super cleanser for dry skin. It's a marvellous after sun lotion and soothes sore legs and other body parts after hair removal. Queen Theatrical Cleansing Cream is not only a make-up remover but is also used by some of our professional clients as a massage cream.

There's more but I haven't got time to detail them all today so do come back next week!

Just had a very nice email from a journalist who uses our products. "I will definitely recommend your products to anyone I know. I've sung your praises to my friends in any case because I love your stuff - my skin can't handle many products and yours seem to be the only one it likes at the moment. Congratulations on a really good brand."

Oooh, we do love it when Queen products get feedback like this.

No star spots this week at John Bell & Croyden, our stockist in London's West End. I think we must just choose the wrong day to go there as we used to see all sorts of stars of stage and screen. Still, sales are going well with lots of women I recognise from handing out samples coming back to buy. Fingers crossed it continues.

Hope to see you again soon.

The Team at Queen

No comments: